6 Preparations To Make Before Replacing Your SidingAug 26, 2019
Siding installation or replacement isn’t a job that you should jump into head first. It is a significant investment, after all, so you’ll want to know exactly what you should prepare for.
In this post, home painters and siding installation experts of Home Wizards discuss six preparations every homeowner should make before replacing their siding.
- The Right Contractor – Since a siding replacement is a significant investment, you’ll want to get only the right person to get the job done. Make sure to look for a contractor of good repute with the proper certifications, experience, skill sets, and recommendations from previous customers. That way, you can prevent any future issues with your siding.
- Research – Aside from searching for the correct person to do the job, you should research more about your siding project as well. Thoroughly browse your options on various siding materials so you can better coordinate with your contractor on the project.
- Remove Shutters, Downspouts, and Fixtures – Before applying the new siding, make sure to remove the shutters, downspouts, and fixtures around your home’s exterior first. That way, there won’t be any interference during the installation of the new siding. If you’re not on board with the idea of doing this on your own, consider calling the siding and window installers of Home Wizards for assistance.
- Housewrap – If you happen to live in an area where it’s required by building codes, have your contractors apply a weather-resistant barrier known as a housewrap over your sheathing. That way, your siding can work more efficiently compared to homes without a housewrap.
- Insulation – Applying the insulation is another important step that you have to take. Simply have the insulating sheathing installed over the existing siding so you can have an energy-efficient home that can help keep you comfortable indoors no matter the season.
- Work Area – Before getting started on replacing your old siding, have the nearby trees on your property trimmed to prevent them from getting in the way and potentially damaging the new siding. Remove any outdoor furniture, lawn ornaments, and garden hoses as well since they can prove to be hazards during the job.
Make your search for siding contractors easier with Home Wizards. We also provide professional deck and painting services. Give us a call at (770) 999-0010 or fill out our contact form to request a consultation.