How to Paint Brick on the Exterior of Your HomeDec 28, 2022
Painting Outdated Brick on the Exterior of Your Home
for a Fresh, New Look
It’s no secret that a fresh coat of paint can breathe new life into the exterior of your home. Painting outdated brick on the exterior of your home will promise a fresh, new look. If you have recently thought about upgrading the outside of your brick home or business, a fresh coat of paint is a great way to improve its appearance and protect it from the elements.
Raw brick can add character and texture to a home’s exterior. However, some brick tones can impair curb appeal and affect resale value. You don’t have to be bound to your home’s natural brick color—paint your brick!
Yes, painting your brick is permanent because you can’t return it to its natural color. However, before-and-after photos prove that this change is well worth the effort. Keep reading to learn how painting brick on the exterior of your home is worth it!
Brick painting may seem intimidating but our professional team at Home Wizards Remodeling in Roswell, Georgia, can help you determine whether painting your brick exterior is the right choice for your home.
We will complete the project properly, so you will never regret your decision!
WHY CHOOSE HOME WIZARDS REMODELING WITH YOUR PAINTED BRICK
- OVER 20 YEARS OF PAINTING EXPERIENCE INCLUDING BRICK PAINTING
- BASED IN ROSWELL
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
- SERVING METRO ATLANTA-ROSWELL, ALPHARETTA, DUNWOODY, WOODSTOCK, SANDY SPRINGS AND BEYOND
Here are a few benefits you can enjoy from painting your exterior brick:
BENEFITS OF BRICK PAINTING
1. Brightening Up Your Home
At Home Wizards Remodeling, we know raw brick looks stunning with the right paint choices for trim, siding, soffits and the front door. If you love your brick unpainted and “raw,” we’re here to help you choose the right paint and color schemes for your trim.
If you want to explore the possibilities of painted brick or paint alternatives for brick, we can help you explore your options.
Over the years, we have found a few brick-and-paint rules of thumb that apply no matter what your home looks like today:
- Brick often looks great painted off-white, beige, or greige (greige is a variable color that blends gray and beige)
- Natural brick works well with warm neutrals.
- Lighter tones show off the brick’s texture, and adding darker paint on shutters and trim creates contrast.
Another alternative to painting your brick is a technique called Limewash.
Limewash is a technique that has been around for years. The paint is made with lime, and instead of sitting on top of the brick and creating a barrier, it penetrates the brick. The process leaves a layer of limestone on the surface of the brick. At Home Wizards Remodeling, our expert paint crews use the Romabio brand to create the classic limewash look.
Limewash is a beautiful technique that is becoming more and more popular. It is a technique that gives your house an old-world European look. When it is applied correctly, it can provide dated brick new life. At Home Wizards Remodeling, we use only the best products by Romabio.
2. Protection from the Elements
When it comes to damage, water can be dangerous for many housing materials, including brick. In fact, due to the brick’s porous surface, moisture can quickly become trapped and eventually erode the rough brick surface. Over time, this potentially exposes your home to water damage. The good news is that the appropriate primer and paint can provide another layer of protection from Mother Nature, preventing brick erosion and giving your home a lasting makeover.
3. Once you have painted your raw brick, your color choices are unlimited
One advantage of painting your home is updating the color if and when color styles change. You aren’t stuck with one color for years. An advantage of painted brick is the ability to select colors you usually could not find in brick options. White or other popular neutral colors of off white, and gray, are trending in the Roswell, Alpharetta, Dunwoody, Woodstock and Sandy Springs area.
More of Home Wizards Remodeling suggestions for trending exterior brick paint colors:
- White painted brick is the most popular color for painted brick by far. It looks fresh and clean and it won’t fade in the sunlight over time.
- A dark-gray-painted brick house can look stunningly dramatic. We only use premium paint with the highest quality pigments and UV protectants to prevent fading.
- Greige, black, and navy blue are popular colors for exterior brick. But if you choose dark exterior brick paint colors, remember that the darker the colors, the more concerned you need to be about preventing fading.
Also to be Noted: Because exterior paint colors will look five to ten times brighter and more colorful in the sunshine, our standard best practice is to test your paint choice in a small area before painting begins.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR COLOR PAINT
“Which color paint is the best for my home?” Over the years, this has been the single most common question and concern we hear from homeowners when painting brick. The truth is, painting brick on your home is mostly all about “The Feel” of it. The simple fact is that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of options to choose from. It is far too easy to fall into a rabbit hole when selecting a color for your paint project.
Home Wizards Remodeling will make the process easy for you and will walk you through choosing the right paint color for your brick, trim and front door.
PROCESS OF BRICK PAINTING
After more than two decades in home improvement, we know exactly what to do for painting brick. We don’t approach it the same way as stucco and siding because a flawless finish on brick requires more detailed work.
To ensure beautiful results, we follow these simple steps:
- Before we paint, we will power wash the brick, clearing dirt and grime.
- When the brick has dried, we will closely examine the brick to find any cracks or gaps that need caulking or filling. Your exterior will be better sealed and ready for the next step.
- Our team will apply a specially formulated primer for masonry onto the brick.
- Following the primer, several uniform coats of exterior paint will cover the porous brick without trapping moisture.
- Finally, the work area will be cleaned and a final inspection will be completed with the homeowner. This is a last opportunity to point out any areas of concern.
If you’re ready to brighten up the exterior of your home for your Roswell, Alpharetta,Dunwoody, Woodstock, Atlanta, Georgia home, Contact Home Wizards Remodeling today at 770-998-1809. We will enhance your home’s outdoor exterior with the color schemes you have always envisioned! Besides painting brick, we can upgrade your home exterior with our professional siding, gutter, roofing, painting, window replacements, decks, porches, patios, and outdoor living services.