What to Look for in a House PainterMay 08, 2020
Qualifications and professional reputation are just a couple of things that you normally look for in any contractor, whether they are painting contractors or remodelers. When hiring house painting specialists, it is important to also look at their proposal. Ensure that it has detailed descriptions of the tasks they will perform from start to finish.
Look out for the following information when checking your potential contractor’s bid proposal:
- A thorough description of how they will protect you and your property throughout the duration of the project can give you peace of mind. It lets you know that they have your best interest at heart and they will ensure your home will be damage-free at the end of the painting job.
- A detailed breakdown of the prep work that they’re planning to do will avoid surprises or last-minute preparations on your part. Find out if they will handle any of the scraping, sanding, grinding, caulking and repair.
- A comprehensive painting plan will let you know the details and the number of coats per surface. Different colors require different coats of paint. It is important to know so you are aware how paint will be needed by the painters.
- A full description of the company’s warranty should you have any future concerns. Ensure that their warranty includes labor, paint and coverage period.
- The specific brand they want to use. Prices of paint products vary in cost and have different uses. You can ask them why they are using a specific brand or type of paint over another.
Home Wizards is a full exterior remodeling company. Our team consists of professional window installers, house painting experts, deck builders and more. Call us at (770) 998-1809 or fill out our contact form to request a consultation.